Yale Innovation Summit
Now in its 9th year, the Yale Innovation Summit will convene innovators across Yale and beyond for two days of impactful conversations, purposeful networking, and inspiring lessons of leadership.
This year’s theme, Expanding Impact, reflects the momentum of the Yale and Connecticut entrepreneurial ecosystem and the Summit’s growth to now include tracks across more areas of groundbreaking innovation including arts, biotech, climate, health, and technology.
Who should attend?
- Investors interested in Yale and Connecticut startups
- Corporate and industry partners
- Yale College, graduate, and professional students
- Yale faculty and postdoctoral researchers
- Innovation partners in New Haven and beyond
Yale Innovation Summit by numbers
- In 2022, over 320 companies were represented
- In 2022, over 120 VC firms were represented, which makes this the largest gathering of venture capitalists in the Northeast
- In 2023, we expect record attendance of 1500-2000 attendees over 2 days
Schedule & speakers
We will be announcing a detailed event schedule in the coming weeks. Sign up for our news to stay informed.
If you are coming from out of town, please enjoy a discounted group rate a two New Haven area hotels.
Are you a Yale innovator? Submit your Idea!
Have your idea seen by hundreds of prospective industry and investor partners and submit your pitch on Thumbraise, a matchmaking portal designed specifically for Yale Innovation Summit participants.
- Connect with Attendees: All Summit attendees will see your pitch slides, video and have a chance to connect with you before or during the event.
- Industry Feedback: Gain valuable insight through feedback sessions with industry mentors.
- $200K Prizes: Top presentations will be selected to present ePosters or pitch live onstage for a chance to win one of over 20 prizes totaling over $200K!
Who should submit
Yale faculty, students & alumni innovators that are at the idea stage or have pre-seed to Series A startups, are encouraged to submit pitches in the areas of biotech, climate, arts, health, and technology.
$200K IN PRIZES: Top presentations will be selected to present ePosters or pitch live onstage for a chance to win one of over 20 prizes totaling over $200K!
BIOTECH & DIGITAL HEALTH ACCELERATOR AWARDS: New this year are biotech and digital health accelerator awards totaling $150K! Yale biotech and digital health innovators who submit their idea through Thumbraise will have an opportunity to be selected for one of 25 biotech poster slots and a chance to pitch onstage during the Summit. A panel of venture capital judges will select the four most exciting ideas that are pitched to receive “Blavatnik Accelerator” award of $30K apiece. An additional $30K award will be made to the most exciting idea in the digital health pitch contest. More details can be found in Thumbraise.
Innovation Summit Sponsors
If you are interested in sponsoring, please contact Timothy.Opstrup@yale.edu.